Friday, July 10, 2009

General Hospital

this is so far the dream that I could remember almost everything.

I was at a hospital, a very big hospital, with the influence of early 80's architecture inside-out. The interior was more like the KL General Hospital but with more floors. The hospital has 2 wings, one perpendicular to the other. Outside at the hallway I was standing and talking to some people, and then I was called into a ward and entered one of the rooms. There were four beds inside, but only one was occupied. The room was sealed once I entered. Around the occupied bed stood 3-4 nurses and few doctors, preparing something which was more like preparatory actions normally performed in an operation theater before surgery. On the bed there was a patient, still fully conscious with all the necessary sterilized surgical equipments being pushed near to him.

The room was quite dim, lit only by a round light hanging above the patient. A moment later, a doctor cuts open something (i couldn't remember what) and started to perform his surgical work. Then suddenly came my turn. Immediately I reached for an enormous syringe and filled it with a bright red liquid. At that time I knew this was not right because I was not trained to become a doctor, but a chemist instead. So since that I'm very confident in working with chemicals, unknowingly I injected the liquid "chemical" into his abdomen. And then the doctor continued to finish the operation. Once finished, the patient amazingly recovered very fast and started walking towards the door and left the "operation theater". The doctors and nurses were ecstatic and they, too, left the room. One nurse before she left, asked me "what did u injected into his body?". I was stunned by her question. " I don't....know". I just realized that I did not even know what I had injected into that patient's body, but it sure has given him fast recovery! My mind was scanning through all list of chemical names which has a bright red colour, but failed to name any. I tried to recall the name of that bottle which contains the chemical I used to inject the patient, just to realize that the bottle did not have any label.

And then there was silence. The last nurse left the room and I was alone inside. So I packed my things to catch up with them outside, but when I stepped outside I found myself in an unfamiliar place, but still in the hospital's building, same floor, I could tell. But I couldn't find the same hallway I was at just now. Realizing that the hospital has 2 wings, I tried to find my way to the other wing where I should've come out. I knew I was at the other wing.
I went through series of doors, labs, lobbies, consultant rooms, toilets, but found no way out.
I kept walking, until I reached a hallway with many small rooms. A force suddenly pulled me into one of the rooms, and made me stuck on the wall. when I looked inside, there was a girl with a black, long hair sitting alone in a room facing the outside window. Her doctor came by and looked at me, "She's suffering from psychological problems", then he entered the room and sat with the girl.

I walked my way back to the "operation theater" again. The room was still empty and dim. Once inside, I found out that there were actually 2 doors. The one on the right will lead to the hallway I was standing before the operation and the other opens to a maze I just got lost in. Relieved, I rushed to the door on the right and....I couldn't remember what happened after that. I think I got lost again or I've found a familiar hallway, but I still couldn't find the nurses, doctors and the patient.

2 comments:

  1. and then what happen? dude. continue writing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, actually i couldn't remember what happened after that..i woke up,that's all i remember

    ReplyDelete