Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life is so ironic. Does Law of Attraction really implies to all humankind? Well if its a law, no one could challenge it. I believe its true, never ever have the thoughts that you would never want to see a particular thing/subject/item/whatever thing lah. It got me backfired.
Back in school, up to the very last day of university, or perhaps right after my graduation, I told myself I would never ever work with numbers again, I mean financial/accounting numbers. Numbers are okay as long as they are related to science or maths, but financial modeling stuff, a BIG no no...so I want to put it as far as eye can see.

So, nak dijadikan cerita, here I am working as a Business Development Executive, whose work is to do market and trend analysis and number crunching. In layman terms, I'm dealing with financial modeling, balance sheet, income statement and even perhaps forecasting the profitability of a project through financial modeling. Its completely contradictory from what I've told myself before. To make things more interesting, I find financial stuff to be really interesting, you could question and defend every single thing based on facts and figures. Of course, there is always a twist. Since I'm working in a R&D company, sometimes there is a need to compromise on the technology wise to fit the budget and achieve the bottom-line. Given that I have a background in science, I would understand the predicament faced by scientists when trying to explain to the top management on the viability of having a particular technology to spearhead the research. So, sometimes there is a need to understand and accept scientists argument as they know best. On the other hand, what the management think about are only profit, yet they need things to be done fast. The complexity of my work makes every day interesting as we discover many new things and how are we moving in the fast paced world.

No comments:

Post a Comment